Call for Abstract
European Meeting on Materials Science and Nanotechnology, will be organized around the theme “”
European Materials 2020 is comprised of keynote and speakers sessions on latest cutting edge research designed to offer comprehensive global discussions that address current issues in European Materials 2020
Submit your abstract to any of the mentioned tracks.
Register now for the conference by choosing an appropriate package suitable to you.
Material Science is that the branch of science deals with the structure, properties, performance, characterization and methodology of materials that associated with construction or manufacture like metals, polymers, ceramics and composites etc. Through the assistance of the fabric science we'll apprehend the history of the fabric like physical and chemical properties, therefore a reason material science and engineering choices a nice scope considerably in rhetorical engineering, Nano technology, bio materials, metallurgy, failure analysis, investigation materials.
- Track 1-1Structural Materials
- Track 1-2Structural Materials
- Track 1-3Electronic and Photonic Materials
- Track 1-4Materials synthesis and processing
- Track 1-5Crystallography
- Track 1-6Design and Processing of Materials
Nanomaterial is not simply another step in the miniaturization of materials or particles. They often require very different production approaches. There are several processes to create various sizes of nanomaterial, classified as ‘top-down' and ‘bottom-up'. Although large numbers of nanomaterial are currently at the laboratory stage of manufacture, many of them already are being commercialized whereas Nanotechnology, as defined by size, is naturally very broad, including fields of science as diverse as surface science, organic chemistry, molecular biology, semiconductor physics, energy storage, micro fabrication, molecular engineering, etc. The associated research and applications are equally diverse, ranging from extensions of conventional device physics to completely new approaches based upon molecular self-assembly, from developing new materials with dimensions on the Nano scale to direct control of matter on the atomic scale.
Nuclear Measure for the reason for propelling innovation, growing further effective items, making novel assembling advances, or enhancing the human learning. The capacity to rapidly and dependably set out numerous conductive layers with ultrafine determination has prompted the scaling down and minimal effort of most Lighting Controls, and Wireless enterprises.
An electric could be a device consisting of single or a lot of chemical science cells with external connections provided to power electrical devices like flashlights, , and electrical cars. Once electric battery is activity , its positive terminal is that the cathode and its negative terminal is that the anode. The terminal marked negative is that the supply of electrons that once connected to Associate in external circuit can flow Associate in deliver energy to an external device.
Materials associate degree energy balances square measure accounting tables that offer info on the fabric input into an economy delivered by the natural surroundings, the transformation and use of that input in economic processes (extraction, conversion, , consumption) and its come to the natural surroundings as residuals (wastes).
The accounting ideas concerned square measure based on the primary law of physical science, that states that matter () is neither created nor destroyed by any physical method. Growing energy desires of the country need increased efforts on developing materials and technologies that target energy generation, energy harvest home, and energy storage.
Biomaterials from healthcare viewpoint can be defined as materials those possess some novel properties that make them appropriate to come in immediate association with the living tissue without eliciting any adverse immune rejection reactions. Biomaterials are in the service of mankind through ancient times but subsequent evolution has made them more versatile and has increased their usage. Biomaterials have transformed the areas like bioengineering and tissue engineering for the development of strategies to counter life threatening diseases. These concepts and technologies are being used for the treatment of different diseases like cardiac failure, fractures, deep skin injuries, etc. Research is being performed to improve the existing methods and for the innovation of new approaches. With the current progress in biomaterials we can expect a future healthcare which will be economically feasible to us.
The research in Electronic and field unites the essential values of solid state physics and chemistry for manufacturing of materials science. Intermolecular interactions are also known as . Changes in molecular interactions involves in melting, unfolding, strand separation, boiling. The basic parameters of electronic and magnetic materials are rigid rotation and time dependence. This is related to the method to identify the movements physically to interact with atoms and molecules for a given period in order to generate the system for evolution.
- Track 6-1Optical Nanomaterials for Photonics/Biophotonics
- Track 6-2Engineering Applications of Spectroscopy
- Track 6-3Lasers in Medical and Biology
- Track 6-4Advances in Dielectric Materials and Electronic Devices
Graphene was the first 2D material to be isolated. Graphene and other two-dimensional materials have a long list of unique properties that have made it a hot topic for intense scientific research and the development of technological applications. These also have huge potential in their own right or in combination with Graphene. The extraordinary physical properties of Graphene and other 2D have the potential to both enhance existing technologies and also create a range of new applications. Pure Graphene has an exceptionally wide range of mechanical, thermal and electrical properties. Graphene can also greatly improve the thermal conductivity of a material improving heat dissipation. In applications which require very high electrical conductivity Graphene can either be used by itself or as an additive to other materials. Even in very low concentrations Graphene can greatly enhance the ability of electrical charge to flow in a material. ability to store electrical energy at very high densities is exceptional. This attribute, added to its ability to rapidly charge and discharge, makes it suitable for energy storage applications
- Track 7-1Graphene Materials
- Track 7-2Graphene forms and Synthesis
- Track 7-3Refinement of Graphene and Fictionalization
- Track 7-4Applications of Graphene
- Track 7-5Modeling and simulation
Material science plays an important role in metallurgy too. is a term covering a wide range of ways in which materials or components are made from . They can avoid, or greatly reduce, the need to use metal removal processes and can reduce the costs. Pyro metallurgy includes of minerals and ores and concentrates to bring about physical and chemical transformations in the materials to enable recovery of valuable metals. A complete knowledge of metallurgy can help us to extract the metal in a more feasible way and can used to a wider range.
- Track 8-1Metal forming
- Track 8-2Corrosion and protection
- Track 8-3High strength alloys
- Track 8-4Surface phenomena
- Track 8-5Solidification
- Track 8-6Light metals
- Track 8-7Aluminium, Copper, Lead and Zinc
- Track 8-8 Iron-Carbon alloys
- Track 8-9Remelting technologies
- Track 8-10Environmental protection
- Track 8-11Non-destructive testing
- Track 8-12 Foundry technology
- Track 8-13Iron, cast iron and steel making
- Track 8-14Ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Track 8-15Alloys systems
- Track 8-16Powder metallurgy
- Track 8-17Metallurgical machinery and automation
- Track 8-18Hydrometallurgy
- Track 8-19Petroleum machinery and equipment
- Track 8-20Gasification
- Track 8-21Precious metals
- Track 8-22Material Welding , Welding of Metal
Characterization, when used in materials science, refers to the broader and wider process by which a material's structure and properties are checked and measured. It is a fundamental process in the field of materials science, without which no scientific understanding of engineering materials could be as curtained. Spectroscopy refers to the measurement of radiation intensity as a function of wavelength. Microscopy is the technical field of using microscopes to view objects that cannot be seen with the naked eye. Characterization and testing of materials is very important before the usage of materials. Proper testing of material can make the material more flexible and durable.
- Track 9-1Mechanics of materials
- Track 9-2Scanning and transmission electron microscopy (SEM, TEM, STEM)
- Track 9-3X-ray diffraction (XRD)
- Track 9-4X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS)
- Track 9-5Secondary ion mass spectrometry (SIMS)
- Track 9-6Rutherford back scattering
- Track 9-7Auger electron spectroscopy
- Track 9-8Sample preparation and analysis of biological materials
- Track 9-9Sample preparation and nanofabrication
- Track 9-10Computational models and experiments
- Track 9-11Micro and macro materials characterisation
- Track 9-12Structural analysis
- Track 9-13Ductile damage and fracture
- Track 9-14Fatigue, reliability and lifetime predictions
- Track 9-15Failure of quasi-brittle materials
- Track 9-16Coupled mechanics and bio materials
- Track 9-17Contact, friction and mechanics of discrete systems
- Track 9-18Advanced modelling techniques
- Track 9-19Elemental analysis
- Track 9-20Organic analysis
- Track 9-21Atomic force microscopy (AFM)
Ability of a nation to harness nature as well as its ability to cope up with the challenges posed by it is determined by its complete knowledge of materials and its ability to develop and produce them for various applications. are at the heart of many technological developments that touch our lives. for communication and information technology, optical fibres, laser fibres sensors for intelligent environment, for renewable energy and environment, light alloys for better transportation, materials for strategic applications and more. have a wider role to play in the upcoming future years because of its multiple uses and can be of a greater help for whole humanity.
- Track 10-1Modeling, simulation and control of smart materials
- Track 10-2Integrated system design and implementation
- Track 10-3Piezoelectric and ferroelectric materials
- Track 10-4Shape-memory alloys
- Track 10-5Electroluminescent materials
- Track 10-6Colour-changing materials
Materials Chemistry provides the loop between atomic, molecular and super molecular behaviour and the useful properties of a material. It lies at the core of numerous chemical-using industries. This deals with the atomic nuclei of the materials, and how they are arranged to provide molecules, crystals, etc. Much of properties of electrical, magnetic particles and chemical materials evolve from this level of structure. The length scales involved are in angstroms. The way in which the atoms and molecules are bonded and organized is fundamental to studying the properties and behaviour of any material.
- Track 11-1Corrosion prevention
- Track 11-2 Particle physics
- Track 11-3 Nanoscale physics
- Track 11-4Diffusion in materials
- Track 11-5Dislocations and strengthening mechanisms
- Track 11-6Analytical chemistry
- Track 11-7Organic and inorganic Substances
- Track 11-8 Micro and macro molecules
- Track 11-9Atomic structure and interatomic bonding
- Track 11-10Phase diagrams
- Track 11-11Solid state physics
- Track 11-12Crystal structure of materials and crystal growth techniques
- Track 11-13 Quantum science and technology
- Track 11-14 Oxidation
- Track 11-15Solar physics
- Track 11-16Green chemistry
- Track 11-17Green chemistry
- Track 11-18 Catalysis chemistry
- Track 11-19Condensed matter physics
- Track 11-20Multi functional materials and structures
- Track 11-21Magnetism and superconductivity
- Track 11-22Atomic structures and defects in materials
- Track 11-23Corrosion and degradation of materials
Surface science is the study of physical and chemical phenomenon that occur at the interface of two phases, including solid–liquid interfaces, solid–gas interfaces, solid–vacuum interfaces, and liquid–gas interfaces. It includes the fields of surface chemistry and surface physics. Surface chemistry can be roughly defined as the study of chemical reactions at interfaces. It is closely associated to surface engineering, which aims at modifying the chemical composition of a surface by incorporation of selected elements or functional groups that generate various desired effects or improvements in the properties of the surface or interface. Surface science is of specific importance to the fields of heterogeneous catalysis, electrochemistry, and geochemistry.
- Track 12-1 Surface engineering of magnesium alloys
- Track 12-2Engineering nano structured surfaces
- Track 12-3 Thin film growth on bio material surfaces
- Track 12-4Coating Adhesion Assessment
- Track 12-5 Conclusions and future trends
Oil & gas producers are one of the early adopters of nanotechnology because oil reserves are really just emulsions of oil, gas, and water that create Nanoscale particles. Nanoscale research and commercialization has enabled to improve their extraction processes. major oil & gas companies invest in nanotechnology-enabled innovations and use nanotechnology to Enhance oil recovery, Improve equipment reliability, Reduction of energy losses during production, Provide real-time analytics on emulsion characteristics, Deliver new source materials.
Significant contributions are expected to environmental and climate protection from Nano technological products, processes and applications are expected to by saving raw materials, energy and water as well as by reducing greenhouse gases and hazardous wastes. Usage of Nano materials promises certain environmental benefits and sustainability effects.
Nanophotonics is an enabling technology which concerns with application of photonics at nanoscale dimensions, where field enhancement effects which result in new optical phenomena offering superior performance or completely new functionalities in photonic devices and encompass a wide variety of topics, including metamaterials, plasmonics, high resolution imaging, quantum nanophotonics, and functional photonic materials. This technology potential to impact across a wide range of photonics products such as high efficiency solar cells to ultra-secure communications to personalized health monitoring devices.
- Track 15-1General Introduction
- Track 15-2 Review of Fundamentals of Lasers
- Track 15-3 Optical Devices
- Track 15-4Description of Light as an Electromagnetic Wave
- Track 15-5 Quantum Aspect of Light
- Track 15-6 Definition of Photon
- Track 15-7Active Materials Bulk, Quantum Well, Wire Dot and Quantum Dot
- Track 15-8Fabrication of Photonic Devices, Quantum Dot Materials
Nano-electronics hold a few responses for how we may build the capacities of gadgets while we lessen their weight and control utilization. Enhancing show screens on gadgets. This includes lessening power utilization while diminishing the weight and thickness of the screens. Expanding the thickness of memory chips. Specialists are adding to a kind of memory chip with an anticipated thickness of one terabyte of memory for each square crawl or more prominent. Lessening the measure of transistors utilized as a part of coordinated circuits. One scientist trusts it might be conceivable to "put the force of the greater part of today's available PCs in the palm of your hand”. Microelectronics is one of the primary subfield of hardware. As the name shows, microelectronics is exceptionally identified with the study and fabricate of micro fabrication of little electronic parts. Miniaturized scale sensors that join optical and mechanical sensor capacities with incorporated electronic sign handling are quickly developing in ranges, for example, wellbeing, wellbeing, ecological checking, and vitality control. Applicable samples are crash sensors for airbags and instruments for endoscopy. The worldwide business sector for Nano-Electronics is relied upon to reach $409.6 billion by 2015, as expressed by the new statistical surveying report. Nano-Electronics is relied upon to practice a significant impact on semiconductors, presentations, memory and capacity gadgets and specialized gadgets.
Research into hydride materials for vitality applications commonly concentrates on upgrading gravimetric capacity thickness and particle transport of the materials. Then again, the necessities for stationary applications, for example, power devices can be essentially diverse and manageable to a more extensive class of potential materials. Various geophysical and social weights are driving a movement from fossil fills to renewable and practical vitality sources. To impact this change, we should make the materials that will bolster new vitality advances. Sun oriented vitality is the most extreme need to create photovoltaic cells that are productive and financially savvy. Branch of Materials Science and Engineering, Stanford University, directing broad exploration on Photovoltaic, Energy stockpiling and Hydrogen stockpiling to meet worldwide Energy necessities.
- Track 17-1 Green Nanotechnology
- Track 17-2 Nanomaterials for energy conversion
- Track 17-3 Nanotechnology for hydrogen production and storage
- Track 17-4 Life cycle assessment
- Track 17-5 Environment,human health and safety issues of nanotechnology
Nanofabrication is the configuration and production of gadgets with measurements measured in nanometres. One nanometre is 10 - 9 meters, or a million of a millimetre. Nanofabrication is of enthusiasm to PC engineers since it opens the way to super-high-thickness microchip s and memory chip s. It has been recommended that every information bit could be put away in a solitary iota. Conveying this further, a solitary molecule may even have the capacity to speak to a byte or expression of information. Nanofabrication has additionally gotten the consideration of the restorative business, the military, and the avionic business.
- Track 18-1Advanced Nanoscale Fabrication
- Track 18-2 Nanofabrication in optoelectronics, Nanobiofluids
- Track 18-3Nano-structured ceramics in electrochemical devices such as sensors and fuel cells
- Track 18-4 Fabrication of advanced Nanocomposite materials
- Track 18-5 Biosensors using suspended silicon Nanostructures
- Track 18-6Biomimetic Nanofibers for stem cell culture and tissue regeneration
Functional Nano-scale structures frequently involve quite dissimilar materials which are difficult to characterize experimentally and ultimately be assembled, controlled, and utilized by manipulating quantities at the macro-scale a combination of features which puts unprecedented demands on theory, modelling and simulation.
- Track 19-1Nanochemistry and Nano Computational
- Track 19-2 Density functional theory (DFT)
- Track 19-3 Interaction; PDOS; TiO2 supported Au overlayer
- Track 19-4Hybrid Nanostructures
Material science has a wider range of applications which includes ceramics, composites and Polymer Materials. Bonding in ceramics and glasses uses both covalent and ionic-covalent types with SiO2 as a basic building block. Ceramics are as soft as clay or as hard as stone and concrete. Usually, they are crystalline in form. Most glasses contain a metal oxide fused with silica. Applications range from structural elements such as steel-reinforced concrete, to the gorilla glass. Polymers are also an important part of materials science. Polymers are the raw materials which are used to make what we commonly call plastics. Specialty plastics are materials with distinctive characteristics, such as ultra-high strength, electrical conductivity, electro-fluorescence, high thermal stability. Plastics are divided not on the basis of their material but on its properties and applications.
- Track 20-1 Polymer nano-composites
- Track 20-2 Electrospinning
- Track 20-3 Elastomers
- Track 20-4 Speciality polymers